Jun 6, 2019

Art Show, June 8, at Alderworks (Skagway, Alaska)


On Saturday, June 8, we will host an art show and reading here at Alderworks, from 11:00 to 1:00. If you are in the area of Skagway, please stop by. (Don’t use the Beware of Dog sign as a landmark—it’ll be replaced by a sign for the event. But the dogs will be here to greet you and guide your truck in.) Ed will be sharing poems, and I would love your input on the art. If you can’t make it, we’ll host an event in the Bay Area on July 20, 2019, at our home.








Here's a poem by Ed:

Mona

Sitting in my kitchen with windows shut
I’m swearing in C sharp
not wishing anyone
to hear me howl.

A warm typhoon has blown in
 from the Gulf of Grief,
wrinkled sky smelling of
thunderclouds and surf.

I’ve always loved the shape of women.
Yours especially.
Your lovely ribs.
Your lotus skin.

 I remember you in the Greyhound depot
with your frayed bedroll and blue canary,
your pharmaceutical bag full of
someone else’s prescriptions.

 Our knees touched
 and somewhere in the Pacific
an island sank.

 I want you still
but you are thinking of one thing only:
crossing me off your list.

Just now, I thought you were smiling
but you were simply drifting 
wanderlust.

Please--before you go--
sit with me just long enough
to watch the trees grow old.

No comments:

Post a Comment