Jun 5, 2019

Alaska Update: Check out photos by Allison Nichols

Two days ago I painted a portrait of Allison Nichols, the other artist in residence here.She creates dreamlike abstracted photos and is compiling some of her photos into a secular prayer book. Check out her work here.

Yesterday we caught a ride with Jeff into Skagway. A huge cruise ship loomed at the end of Broadway, and the tiny town was flooded with shuffling tourists, us included. Ed filled out a request at the museum to find out about his great-grandfather's trip up the Chilkoot Trail in '98. I stocked up on carrots and canned tomatoes--the food from the weekly barge hadn't been shelved yet--and buried myself in a book at the library until Jeff was done taking garbage to the dump--no weekly pick-up here. I was so glad to get back to our cabin and finish a painting that had been weighing on me. I'm addicted to the unlimited painting time here.

No comments:

Post a Comment