Apr 4, 2020

Corona Virus Art Residency


When our governor announced the Shelter in Place order for the Bay Area on March 16, I told my husband, "It's like our Alaskan art residency without the bears."(See the previous blog posts.) We have a favorite pre-dawn hike in Tilden Park that is as steep and as beautiful as the walk to the blue bridge that we would do every morning at Alderworks, I have as much focused time in the studio, and contact with friends is limited to screens. I daily feel a fresh clarity--the excitement of a new image on a large canvas, the smell of banana bread baking, the beauty of an empty beach after dark.

But I have to acknowledge that we still have half of our income when many of our friends have none, we are healthy when thousands are struggling to breathe, and I share a home with three people I love while others are alone or worse.

My prayers are for health, safety, employment, and deep connections for all of us as we go through a Lent like no other.

No comments:

Post a Comment