Apr 15, 2020

Threshold

We're one month into the Shelter in Place. Face masks and disposable gloves have become fashion basics. Zoom gatherings have become routine, but I still can't avoid obsessing about how old I look on the screen. I've gone through my books, sorted my art packing materials, and planted an amazing vegetable garden. Now that  my art friends and I  can flirt with the idea that perhaps we won't die of COVID 19, we're talking about what will become of the arts, and how do we prepare for the new normal?
When the quarantine is lifted, I want every painting in my racks to be a jewel. Our world will need beauty and truth more than ever. If I run out of canvases, it's time to pull out old friends (paintings) from my work space and say goodbye and paint over them.
My galleries are finding new solutions for reaching audiences. Shoh Gallery is hosting an on-line show called How to Breathe. You can see the work at https://www.shohgallery.com/. The Jennifer Perlmutter Gallery is hosting Friday night Zoom sessions. For more info, go to https://jenniferperlmuttergallery.com/2020/02/first-fridays-in-lafayette/



No comments:

Post a Comment